Arty Parties for Kids - Creative celebrations for children’s birthdays
Looking for a fun and creative way to celebrate your child’s birthday or other special occasion? Schedule an Arty Party! Our parties are as unique as your child with art and craft projects customized to their favorite interests or art materials. Guests enjoy making art in our bright and inspirational party room that has plenty of space for up to 25 guests. Choose from 3 formats and dozens of individual party projects for your child aged 4-16. If your child is turning 16 or older, we recommend that you schedule a private painting or mixed media party using the same format as our Art Parties for Adults (without adult beverages, of course!).
Parties may be booked by paying a flat rate of $250 for up to 10 guests (the fee is non-refundable of the party is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the event; paying the flat rate locks in your date). The final cost of the event is based on the total number of attendees. On the date of the party, the host will be charged $20 per participant beyond 10, plus the cost of any add-on features arranged in advance (e.g., custom aprons).
Cost: $250 for up to 10 guests, $20 each additional guest
What we provide:
- 2-4 staff members to assist (depends on guest count and type of party)
- All materials to complete project(s) chosen
- Tablecloths, plastic ware, cups
- Birthday banner
- Giant birthday card for guests to sign
- Aprons to protect clothing
- A refrigerator to store party food and cake
For the host: You are welcome to bring your own decorations, food, beverages and cake. You may arrive 20 minutes prior to event time to decorate. At least 30 minutes of party time is reserved for food, present opening and socializing. Children age 4 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Drop off is available for children age 5 and older. Parents dropping off children must share contact names and phone numbers. Host and guests must depart within 15 minutes after the party has concluded so staff may prepare for other scheduled events and parties.
Mini Parties - You can schedule a mini party for a group of 6 or fewer children for $150 in one of our studio rooms. Call the studio to check on available dates and times. Choose a party theme or select an image from the Kids Gallery.
Steps for an awesome party!
STEP 1. Select a date and time for your party
Call the Studio at 717-208-6901 to select a date and time for your party. To reserve your date and time, you are required to pay a $250 flat fee for up to 10 guests. Pay an additional $20 per guest beyond 10 on the day of the event, plus the cost of any add-on features. If the party is cancelled 14 days or less prior to the event date, you may receive a $150 refund; no refund is issued if party is cancelled 7 days or less prior to the event date.
Suggested start times for Kids Parties:
Friday 4:00, 6:00
Saturday 1:00, 4:00
Sunday 1:00, 4:00
STEP 2. Select Party Type and Theme (extra fee for custom themes)
Option 1. Paint and Play
2-hour party recommended for children ages 4-6. A great option for larger groups where the whole class is invited or for large families with a variety of guest ages. Includes at least 2 art and activity stations related to the theme chosen. Art activities typically takes 45 minutes to 1 hour, leaving ample time for food, present opening and socializing.
Popular Paint and Play Themes
• Bugs and Butterflies
• Super Hero
• Animal Friends - choose from: Safari, Ocean, Farm or Woodland Animals
• Knights, Princesses and Dragons
• Planes, Trains and Automobiles
• Sweet Treats
• Favorite Books - choose from: Pinkalicious, Cat in the Hat, Rainbow Fish and more!
• Favorite Characters - choose from: Hello Kitty, Ninja Turtle, Angelina Ballerina and more!
Option 2. My Favorite Things
2-hour party recommended for children ages 6-9. Guests do two projects based on your chosen theme. Let us know your child's favorite things. Custom options available upon request (additional charges may apply).
Popular My Favorite Things Themes
• American Girl
• Groovy Girls
• Star Wars
• Favorite Characters - choose from: Ninja Turtles, Strawberry Shortcake, Pinkalicious, Harry Potter, Shopkins, Trolls, etc.
Option 3. Fine Artist Party
Apprentice 2-hour party recommended for children ages 6-9. One extended project such as canvas painting or mosaics. Choose from:
• Canvas Painting (with pre-drawn image) - choose from a choice of animals, cupcakes, butterflies, unicorns, and more
• Mixed Media Canvas (with primarily pre-cut shapes and stencils)
• Themes include: animals, pets, sea, safari or woodland, sweet treats, fashion, birds and butterflies, monograms
• Mosaics: choose from name initial, animal shape and more
•Stuffed Animal: use felt, buttons and embellishments to stuff and create a animal of choice: fox, owl, penguin and more. No sewing involved.
• Wooden Plaque: Paint, stencil, and collage a wooden plaque just perfect for decorating your room. Choose from: initial, animal cut out, or plain.
Masters 2-hour party recommended for children ages 10-16. Choose from:
• Canvas Painting: Step-by-step instruction lets all level students successfully create the chosen image. Choose from Kids Paint party images or request your own.
• Mixed media canvas or panel: Paint and stencil a canvas or panel based on a theme. Every artwork is unique. Themes include: animals, pets, sea, safari or woodland, sweet treats, fashion, birds and butterflies, monogram or names.
• Mosaics: Choose from name initial, animal or shape
• Glass Jewelry: Create a glass necklace using papers, stamps and ink. In addition, create a set of magnets using the same technique.
STEP 3. Select add-on services, if desired - choose from:
Guest of Honor Mirror or Tote - The birthday child receives a mirror or tote customized with his/her name. Guests sign and/or draw on the mirror with Sharpies. A fun and lasting gift! $15
Custom Artist’s Apron - Art Matters Studio will provide each child with an apron bearing his/her name in glitter or plain fabric paint (party host must supply list of children’s names 8 days in advance of party). A great keepsake!
$9.99 per canvas apron with choice of colors (best for ages 10+)
$3.99 for assorted nylon aprons. (best for ages 4-9)
Little Artist Goody Bag - Each child receives a goody bag containing assorted craft and drawing supplies. $10 per bag Big
Artist’s Goody Bag - Each child receives a goody bag containing assorted painting and drawing supplies including a small canvas and paint. $14 per bag
STEP 4. Provide us with an update 8 days in advance of your event.
Please call the studio 8 days before your party to confirm your guest count. We work hard to create unique projects your child will make and prepare for the most expected. Given that, last minute additions can not always be accommodated. The final cost of your party is based on the total number that attend, plus optional special add-on services. For parties with fewer than 10 guests, the host is still responsible for paying the minimum fee of $250. If the cost of the party is being shared by guests, the host is responsible for gathering payments.
Things to remember on the day of your party:
You are welcome to bring your own decorations, food, beverages and cake. You may arrive 20 minutes prior to event time to decorate. The host and guests must depart within 15 minutes after the party has concluded so staff may prepare for other scheduled events and parties. Be sure to pay the balance of your party fee prior to departure. Tips are welcome and appreciated. Guests are asked to enter the party room (side entrance of studio). Guests can place gifts (if applicable) on a table and will be asked sign a large poster/birthday card for the guest of honor while other guests arrive. Art Matters Studio aprons are available to protect clothing during the party. At least 30 minutes of the party is reserved for food and games. Be sure to bring your camera to record your little artists in action! Let us know if it is okay to use pictures of your party for Art Matters Studio promotional purposes.
After your event:
Please share your feedback! Please share compliments as well as suggestions for improvement so that we may continue to serve other budding artists in the best manner possible. If you valued your experience, please refer Art Matters Studio to others. Thank you!