Arty Parties for Kids - Creative celebrations for children’s birthdays
Looking for a fun and creative way to celebrate your child’s birthday or other special occasion? Schedule an Arty Party! Our parties are as unique as your child with art and craft projects customized to their favorite interests or art materials. Guests enjoy making art in our bright and inspirational party room that has plenty of space for up to 25 guests. Choose from 3 formats and dozens of individual party projects for your child aged 4-16. If your child is turning 16 or older, we recommend that you schedule a private painting or mixed media party using the same format as our Art Parties for Adults (without adult beverages, of course!).
Parties may be booked by paying a flat rate of $250 for first 10 guests (the fee is non-refundable of the party is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the event; paying the flat rate locks in your date). The final cost of the event is based on the total number of attendees. On the date of the party, the host will be charged $20 per participant beyond 10.
Cost: $250 for first 10 guests, $20 for each additional guest
What we provide:
- Staff members to assist (number depends on guest count and type of party)
- All materials to complete project(s) chosen
- Tablecloths, plastic ware, cups
- Birthday banner
- Giant birthday card for guests to sign
- Aprons to protect clothing
- A refrigerator with freezer to store party food and cake
For the host: You are welcome to bring your own decorations, food, beverages and cake. You may arrive 20 minutes prior to event time to decorate. At least 30 minutes of party time is reserved for food, present opening and socializing. Children age 4 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Drop off is available for children age 5 and older. Parents dropping off children must share contact names and phone numbers. Host and guests must depart within 15 minutes after the party has concluded so staff may prepare for other scheduled events and parties.
Mini Parties - You can schedule a mini party for up to 6 guests for $150 in one of our studio rooms. Call the studio to check on available dates and times. Choose a party theme or select an image from the Kids Gallery.
Steps for an awesome party!
STEP 1. Select a date and time for your party
Call the Studio at 717-208-6901 to select a date and time for your party. To reserve your date and time, you are required to pay a $250 flat fee for up to 10 guests. Pay an additional $20 per guest beyond 10 on the day of the event. Read Arty Party policies
Suggested times for Kids Parties:
Friday 2:00-4:00, 6:00-8:00
Saturday 1:00-3:00, 4:00-6:00
Sunday 1:00-3:00, 4:00-6:00
Other times by request
STEP 2. Select Party Type and Theme
Option 1. Paint and Play (ages 4 and up)
A great option for larger groups where the whole class is invited or for large families with a variety of guest ages. Includes three art and activity stations related to the theme chosen. We leave ample time for food, present opening and socializing.
Popular Paint and Play Themes
• Bugs and Butterflies
• Super Hero
• Animal Friends - choose from: Safari, Ocean, Farm or Woodland Animals
• Knights, Princesses and Dragons
• Planes, Trains and Automobiles
• Sweet Treats
• Favorite Books - choose from: Pinkalicious, Cat in the Hat, Rainbow Fish and more!
Option 2. My Favorite Things (ages 6-9)
Guests do two projects (typically a canvas and a craft) based on your chosen theme. Let us know your child's favorite things. Custom options available.
Popular My Favorite Things Themes
• American Girl
• Star Wars
• Favorite book, TV, or movie characters, e.g., Ninja Turtles, Peppa the Pig, Harry Potter, Shopkins, Trolls, Pokemon, etc.
Option 3. Fine Arts Party (ages 10-16)
A great choice for your fiercely creative child. Guests will have fun creating a canvas painting, mixed media (on canvas or wooden panel), or mosaic. Step by step instructions provided.
• Canvas Painting - Guests paint one image from our extensive gallery based on your child's interests. All guests paint the same image.
• Mixed Media Canvas or Wooden Panel - Guests will have fun combining painting, stenciling, and collaging. Let's us know your child's interests and we'll suggest a project. All guests create the same project, however, there's lots of flexibility to customize each piece!
• Mosaics - Guests glue glass tiles on wooden forms to create beautiful mosaics. Grouting is completed by our staff within one week of your party and finished mosaics are returned to you for distribution to your guests. Choose from name initial, animal shape and more!
STEP 3. Confirm event details
Expect a call from the studio a week before your party that confirms your project and guest count. The final cost of your party is based on the total number that attend. For parties with fewer than 10 guests, the host is still responsible for paying the base rate for a party ($250 for a party; $150 for a mini party).
On the day of your party:
A party coordinator will assist you with all aspects of your party. You are welcome to bring your own decorations, food, beverages and cake. A refrigerator/freezer is available for your use. Tables are provided for snacks and gifts. You may arrive 30 minutes prior to event time to decorate. Guests may sign a large poster/birthday card for the guest of honor while guests arrive. Art Matters Studio aprons are available to protect clothing during the party. Projects begin 15 minutes after the party's start time. We pace the party to leave ample time for snacks and celebration. Let us know if it is okay to use pictures of your party for Art Matters Studio promotional purposes. Tips are allowed and appreciated.
After your event:
Please share your feedback! Please share compliments as well as suggestions for improvement so that we may continue to serve other budding artists in the best manner possible. If you valued your experience, please refer Art Matters Studio to others and share your comments on our Facebook page. Thank you!