Arty Parties - Creative celebrations for children’s birthdays
Looking for a fun and creative way to celebrate your child’s birthday? Schedule an Arty Party! Children enjoy making art and craft projects based on your chosen theme. All parties are 2 hours long plenty of time for the art projects and breaks to accommodate snacks, treats and gift opening, if desired. Arty Parties are offered for children ages 3-15. Teens aged 16+ and adults should look at our Adult Party options.
- Private event room for your party
- Enthusiastic staff members guide the chosen project(s) step by step
- Tablecloths, plastic ware, cups
- Giant birthday card for guests to sign
- Aprons to protect clothing
- A refrigerator with freezer to store party food and cake
To book, host is required to pay at least a $25 booking fee which covers the guest of honor and secures the date and time of your event. The booking fee is non-refundable and dates and times can not be changed once booked. The host can also choose to pay the Arty Party minimum upfront ($175 ) or pay for the full number of guests up front. The studio can host an Arty Party for a minimum of 7 and a maximum of 25. If not paying the full amount up front, the balance is owed on the day of event.
Party Type/ Project Choice
See below for more details
Steps for an awesome party!
STEP 1. Select a date and time for your party
Call the Studio at 717-208-6901 with dates in mind for your party. To reserve your date and time, you are required to pay at least a $25 non-refundable deposit. Other payment options will be discussed (online booking coming soon)
Saturday 1:00-3:00, 4:00-6:00
Sunday 1:00-3:00, 4:00-6:00
Other times by request
STEP 2. Select Party Type and Theme
Option 1. Paint and Play (ages 3 and up)
Includes three art and craft stations based on your chosen theme. A great choice for younger artists and larger groups.
Popular Paint and Play Themes (others by request)
• Bugs and Butterflies
• Animals- such as Ocean, Farm or Woodland Animals
• Prince and Princess
• Cars and Trucks
• Sweet Treats
• Pirates and Mermaids
• Messy Art
Option 2. My Favorite Things (ages 6-9)
Guests create two projects (typically a canvas and a craft) based on your chosen theme. Custom options available.
Popular My Favorite Things Themes
• American Girl • Fairies • Horses • Peace Signs
• Sports • Minecraft • Star Wars • Lego • Super Hero
• Harry Potter • Shopkins • Pokemon • Emoji
Option 3. Fine Arts Party (ages 10-15)
Older children enjoy working on one longer term project
• Guided Canvas Painting - Guests paint one image from our extensive gallery based on your child's interests. In most cases, guests paint the same image on a 12 x16 canvas. For 16 x 20 canvas, pay for an adult party.
• Mixed Media Canvas or Wooden Panel - Guests will have fun combining painting, stenciling, decoupage and embellishments to create a unique multi media artwork. Themes include Birds and Butterflies, Woodland or Ocean Animals, Monogram, Inspirational Quotes and more. Although guests work on the same theme, their project can be interpreted to the guests own taste and color preferences.
• Mosaics - Design a wooden plaque with paint and mosaic tiles. Grouting is completed by our staff within one week of your party and returned to you for distribution to your guests. Choose from name initial, animal shape, or Symbols (such as hearts and peace signs)
STEP 3. Confirm event details
Our booking system will send an automatic reminder of your upcoming event. A staff member from the studio will also call on the week of your party to confirm your expected guest count and answer any additional questions you may have.
On the day of your party
A party coordinator will assist you with all aspects of your party. You are welcome to bring your own decorations, food, beverages and cake. A refrigerator/freezer is available for your use. Tables are provided for snacks and gifts. You may arrive 30 minutes prior to event time to decorate and set up your food. Projects begin 15 minutes after the party's start time.
Let us know if it is okay to you and your guests to use pictures of your party for Art Matters Studio promotional purposes. Tips are allowed and appreciated.
After your event
Please share your feedback! Please share compliments as well as suggestions for improvement so that we may continue to serve other budding artists in the best manner possible. If you valued your experience, please refer Art Matters Studio to others.